The United States government can order all non-essential businesses to be closed during times of emergency, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. It is possible to ask people to shelter in place or practice social distancing. Workers from essential businesses are exempted from these requests, as they provide vital services to a significant industry or the public. Because caregivers provide critical services to those they care for, in-home caregiving can be considered an important business.
It is usually up to each city or state to decide which businesses are essential, but some businesses are essential for the well-being of communities.
Here are some examples of vital businesses located in the San Francisco Bay Area that were included in the COVID-19 Shelter in Place:
* Healthcare organizations such as hospitals, mental and medical health clinics and doctor offices, pharmacies and in-home care agency
* Grocery shops, supermarkets, food banks (varies).
* Food cultivation
* Gas stations, auto-supply, repair, and other related facilities
* Banks and financial institutions that are related (varies).
* Garbage and sanitation collection
* Hardware stores and plumbers, electricians and exterminators.
* Only for delivery or take-out: Restaurants and other prepared foods
* Companies that provide products for individuals who work remotely
* Businesses that provide support and supplies to other businesses essential for their operation
* Companies that deliver food, groceries, or other goods directly to homes
* Airlines, taxis, and private transport providers that provide transportation services for essential activities and other authorized purposes.
* Home care for children, seniors, and adults
* Shelters and residential facilities for senior citizens, adults, and children
* When necessary, professional services such as accounting or legal services are required to ensure compliance with legally mandated activities
Businesses that don’t provide essential services, such as restaurants, bars, shopping centers, gyms or casinos are not considered to be necessary.
Do you want to start a Maine home-based healthcare business?
Maine offers affordable housing and lower living costs than neighbouring states. It also has one of the lowest rates of crime in the country. United States News & World Report ranked Maine the 1st safest place to live (also 1st on the list of low violence crime and 4th on low property crime).
Maine home healthcare insurance is a must-have for business owners. This insurance protects you and your business from any claim. Click here to learn more about Maine insurance for home healthcare.
Why is In-Home Caregiving Essential?
As their one-on-one caregivers, in-home caregivers play a vital role in providing services for seniors and people with disabilities. People who are looking to manage an illness or age in their own home have many options for home care services. Caregivers assist with daily chores, chores and medication reminders. They also help with range of motion exercises, meals preparation, appointments, and other tasks.
Caring for someone is a complex and time-consuming task that takes more expertise and time than most people realize. Many home care services go beyond helping with daily tasks. Alegre Home Care is a reputable agency that provides in-home care. They have specialized training and experience with many medical conditions.
Are You in Need of In-Home Care Services
In-home care can be customized to meet the individual needs of each person. This is one of the most significant benefits. This means that different people might need memory care, and others may require care for children with special requirements. Because caregivers are able to adjust care plans according to the client’s needs, in-home care is critical during times of crisis.