Almost one in four adults is suffering from some kind of serious mental health issues along with substance use problem. There are many underlying causes due to which both the problems occur together.
- Addiction to certain illegal drugs along with some mental health problems.
- Addiction to alcohol or drug due to misusing some substances as a form of self-medication to get relief from mental health issues.
- Some similar causes like hereditary susceptibilities, changes in the brain, stress, or trauma at an early age.
Treatment is necessary for such individuals and Detox to Rehab understands the underlying problems like no other. Adena health is one of the top rehab centers in their directory located in Chillicothe, OH that offers mental health treatment services along with an inpatient program for the deaf and dumb as well. If you or any of your loved ones are experiencing a crisis with behavioral health along with substance abuse then this rehab center is here to offer you help, hope and healing.
Individuals with substance use mostly undergo mental health problems like:
- Personality disorders
They undergo behavioral changes like:
- Low performance at school or work.
- Frequently getting into fights and arguments.
- Suspicious behaviors.
- Using substances during hazardous situations like driving.
- Sudden mood swings, unhappiness.
- Lacking motivation.
- Fearful and paranoid for no reason.
Physical changes like:
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Deteriorating physical appearance
- Bloodshot eyes
- Typical smells on breath, body, or garments
- Slurred speech, tremors, or difficulty in coordinating
There can be social changes also like:
- Suddenly becoming unsocial
- Losing interest in their hobbies.
- Personal relationships often get disturbed.
- Financial problems.
Offer help to individuals suffering from both mental health and substance use disorder who needs to get treated for both problems. Treatment for both these issues includes rehabilitation, proper medication, joining support groups, and speech therapy.